You’ve taken that step, and you are now committed to the airbrush makeup life. So did I, and I haven’t regretted it for one second. My results are consistently flawless and the cruelty-free makeup range that Rock Candy Beauty offers is second to none.
When you have an airbrush makeup kit one thing is sure: to keep your equipment working correctly, you have to take care of it. Just as you would regularly wash a regular makeup brush set, you have to clean your airbrush gun.
Keeping Your Airbrush Kit In Tip-Top Condition
Any machine needs regular cleaning. You wouldn’t dream of never giving your car an oil change, would you? Well, to ensure that your airbrush kit lives along a productive life making you look your best self you have to take excellent care of it.
Do I Need Special Equipment?
The common complaint people have is that their gun gets clogged up. You need to clean it after a certain number of hours. As with most machinery, you need a cleansing agent, and with Rock Candy Beauty you have your one-stop shop.
As you no doubt know this industry leader has developed its own solution: Rock Candy Clean Solution. Take this solution, some tissue paper, and a cotton bud, and you’re ready.
When Do I Need To Clean My Kit?
If your kit is regularly clogging, your make up base might be too thick, or maybe you need to clear it out. In either case, you need to clean up. You will get the hang of it very quickly as it is equally important to clean your kit between colors.
If you are using your gun for not just base but eye color and blush, then this is not a step you can miss out. If you don’t properly clean out your airbrush gun between colors will give you mixed results. Also once you have finished for the day and you are putting your arm down give it a quick clean. It’s not as scary as it sounds – it’s actually very straightforward.
Five Easy Steps To a Clean Kit
- Turn the compressor on high and spray whatever product left in your stylus onto that handy tissue paper.
- Take the Rock Candy CLEAN solution and pop some into the pot. Get your cotton bud and use it to wipe your pot.
- Take the the cotton bud again and pop it inside the nozzle, rotating it clockwise so that it cleans that correctly too.
- Turn your compressor on to the high setting again and spray all the Rock Candy CLEAN solution out onto a new tissue paper so you can see if it’s cleared out thoroughly.
- Make sure you turn your compressor off. Here you now take off the back lid of the stylus and slide the needle out by loosening the nut holding it. Take a clean tissue paper and swipe it over the needle to make sure there are no little bits left. Put it all back in place. It’s a good idea to press the machine trigger to check the needle is back in the right spot.
It looks like a lot to remember, but once you have done it one time, it becomes clear and straightforward.
It will become second nature, and once you know that your Rock Candy CLEAN solution is doing the job, you will have the confidence to carry on using your airbrush gun knowing that you are still the belle of the ball.